Multiple NS entrys setup with JIRA Gadgets

sandro gehrig November 7, 2012

Hy all

We previously added a second ns entry in order to make our confluence Wiki accessable in another network and domain (using a proxy). So we got:

wiki.bnc.com

and

wiki.int.bnc

both of them are accessed and used, and it works. The Problem now are the JIRA Gadgets:

Because JIRA is in the int.bnc domain and in another network, there is no access via bnc.com.

If we make it accessible, what application link should I then set in order to make it work on both sites? I guess it is only possible to make this work for one URL because the application link only works with one.

In Addition the base-url now is 50% "wrong", and this is where i already had problem while setting up the JIRA gadgets.

If anyone did understand, is there a possible solution?

Regards

sandro

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 7, 2012

Jira and Confluence can only have ONE base url each. You need to use them on that one url.

Now, that only applies to the server side - if you have something in front of it, then you can rewrite the urls as much as you want (e.g. Apache), but you need to make sure that whenever does it always directs traffic to that one url.

sandro gehrig November 8, 2012

Allright thank you Nic, I'll then configure the proxy to rewrite the url.

Now, while using those JIRA Gadgets over a Trusted Application Link, the requests to JIRA are sent from the client and not from the wiki instance, right? If so, if I acces

jira.bnc.com

wiki.bnc.com

from the "outside" but both base urls point to <instance>.int.bnc. The bnc.com ones will be rewritten by the proxy.

Now I open a wiki page with JIRA Gadgets, but they are configured for jira.int.bnc where my client from outside doesn't know who this is, so again it will not work.

Long story short:

• do I have to configure the Gadgets to use the bnc.com in order to make it work for both sides?
  • And, would I have to configure the application link the same way?
  • Can Gadget and Application Link use different URL?

Thanks in advance

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events