Multimedia Macro show Certificate Error in IE for MP4

Intel CHD Jira Admin January 7, 2013

When displaying a page with multimedia macro included on MS Internet Explorer the explorer show:

Internet explorer has blocked this website from displaying content with security certificate errors

• In Confuence 4.2.12
  • It is independed from the IE Mode the IE run (changed in development mode from IE 7 to 9, also independed from compartibility mode and document mode)
  • Happens for MP4 files.
  • Issue not seen at SWF, WMV, MP3 (others can not be tested)
  • When the message is accepted this is valid for current IE session, all other pages with multimedia macro can then be viewed without the message
  • The next new IE session show the message again.
  • Happens also in Preview mode
  • Message can be disabled when the proxy is removed from IE (then not Internet connection any more, just work within company intranet)
  • This do not happen in Firefox

Any idea how to solve or how to drill in the root cause?

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
William Zanchet [Atlassian]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 7, 2013

Hey,

Regarding your second question:

In Firefox or Chrome I have another issue: I tried to use VLC - but it chrashes most time for MP4 in Confluence pages - who to make it work?

I had a different problem with a customer regarding .WMV files, and I raised a bug report for that, as you can see here:
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-27581

For .mp4 I have hard thoughts that you need to install the "Quicktime add-on" for Firefox, that way when we open a file .mp4 into the Multimedia Macro, Firefox will call Quicktime's API.

I hope this helps.

Cheers

WZ

0 votes
Intel CHD Jira Admin January 9, 2013

Thanks for the hint with Quicktime. Seems to be the only solution right now to get rid of the issue in IE (and also play MP4 in Firefox/Chrome/Iron browser). Together with Atlassian support I found the issue, please see https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-27723. Seems to be a glitch in the multimedia macro.

0 votes
AlysonA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 7, 2013

Hello there,

When displaying a page with multimedia macro included on MS Internet Explorer

Does that means it happens on pages with the include-page macro from a page with the multimedia macro? Sorry, it was not clear to me.

Also, if you can confirm this does not happen on other browsers, such as FF and Chrome, it may be an issue with IE specifically, and most likely not on Confluence side.

Intel CHD Jira Admin January 7, 2013

I face it for the page where the multimedia macro is used.

This happens only in Internet Explorer.

In Firefox or Chrome I have another issue: I tried to use VLC - but it chrashes most time for MP4 in Confluence pages - who to make it work?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events