Multiline text boxes in non-edit mode?

Casey Maynard May 25, 2018

I want to add a multi-line text box where users can 'update' the page without going into 'edit' mode.

Because several 'add-ons' display as 'widgets' while in edit mode, it creates a confusion of where users should 'type the content' they need to add to the page

Sure I could provide a bunch of direction like "type instructions here" in the box so there now where to 'type the instructions' but I my pages are like 'documents' where the people who enter the content really only should be filling in blank boxes and putting their instructions in the sections where they know.

Yeah, I know this is what the 'edit' button is for, but 'drop down' widgets, and except boxes, and the like really does not make the page a 'wyisiwyg' version of the page.

I am trying to make the page as "EASY' as possible for them to enter information without getting confused by the 'edit mode layout'.

Yeah, I know there is an add-on that I have to probably buy, but at this point so many users what to avoid seeing the widgets, it might be worth the cost for their time to avoid understanding the lack of a 'wysiwyg' edit mode in Confluence.

1 answer

0 votes
EPS Software Engineering AG
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 27, 2018

Maybe the InPlace Editor for Confluence App could solve your problem. But it is only available for server. You can find it on the Marketplace.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events