Moving specific files from DEV to Production Enviornment

David August 18, 2013

I'm in the middle of updating the look and feel of my entire Wiki. I'm creating new spaces and re-populating the information into each space.

Does anyone have any recommendations of the best way and/or place of creating these new spaces, so I don't have to re-populate the information twice? Should it just be done on the Production side... or... can it be done on the DEV enviornment and certain spaces can be moved to Production once ready?

I tried calling Atlassian but they recommended I bring the question to this forum...

Thanks!

2 answers

1 vote
hsuhailah
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 25, 2013

You can clone your production server into a test server and made all the changes there. Once the editing is final, you can just export the space and import it to the production server. The test server may use Developers License which can be derived from a Commercial License or just generate a new Evaluation License.

0 votes
Daniel Borcherding
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 26, 2013

Hanis is right. Totally fine to create the info in test and then export it out to Prod. If you are using space exports you are going to have to remove the space first so the space keys do not collide.

What in included in your "Look and Feel" update? Are you doing CSS hacks? If so where are you placing them?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events