Moving files from a page to a Document Library

Stefan Singman October 23, 2018

We have added documents on different pages in Confluence and now we want to move them into a Document Library (in Confluence). 

Is this possible to do, without having to download the document to my laptop and then upload it to the Document Library?

2 answers

0 votes
Prakhar Srivastav {Appfire}
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 23, 2018

Hi @Stefan Singman

Have you tried Attachment Macro? 

If your attachments are spread across confluence then you can use Webdav to easily manage them.

Regards

Prakhar

Prakhar Srivastav {Appfire}
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 23, 2018

There some nice recipe to help you to list attachments from other pages.

https://docs.servicerocket.com/reporting/user-guides/recipes/attachments/listing-attachments-from-another-page

But you have to install/buy the plugins mentioned in this page for that to work.

Regards

Prakhar

Stefan Singman October 26, 2018

Thanks for your answers. I was hoping there was a way to do it without buying plug-in or develop something my self.

It is not to many document, so we can do it manually, but we will still lose the version history of the documents.

0 votes
Lava Kumar Dukanam {Appfire}
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 23, 2018

Hi @Stefan Singman,

You could certainly build your own solution using REST API where you would update the parent ID of a document with the parent ID of a Document Library.

I also found you could use webDAV for dealing with pages 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/configuring-a-webdav-client-for-confluence-148044.html

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Lava

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events