Move user(s) to another directory in confluence 6

xiaobo ding May 3, 2017

I am on confluence 6.0.5

A custom Sso was just implemented in our confluence system so we do not need the delegate Ldap integration previously configured. We are now trying to move the users from the delegate Ldap directory to confluence internal directory.

We tried to update column directory_id in cwd_user and cwd_user_attribute table through sql, then flush the cache. For some account it worked, but for some did NOT. It was very strange and we had no idea about this.

Any guys can help?

1 answer

0 votes
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 15, 2017

I hope the database changes were made on a test instance, as what we are trying to do is a little dodgy. I don't have a query ready-made to accomplish it.

I wonder if the accounts it did not work for were impacted by group memberships. There is a directory_id column in the cwd_group table as well.

In fact, to get an idea of all the tables with directory_id, please see How do I remove a user directory from Confluence via the database?

I see you commented on Make it possible to move users between directories, thank you for that feedback to the dev team.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events