Move page to the root of a space

Stephen Kairys July 12, 2024

Hi,

I have a page located below another page in our hierarchy.

I'd like to move it to the root of USER GUIDE space but when I try this, the MOVE button is grayed out.

Pls advise how to work around this issue. Tks.MovePageToRootOfSpace_Scrubbed.PNG

3 answers

2 votes
Shawn Doyle - ReleaseTEAM
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 12, 2024

If you want a page to become the root of a space you need to re-assign the home page of the space.

Then be sure to re-order the other pages so you can see them, otherwise they won't show up under the context menu.

Stephen Kairys July 13, 2024

Hello Shawn,,

Looks like I didn't clearly phrase my question.

I don't want to replace the root. I need a hierarchy like this, with the page in question boldfaced.

SPACE: USER GUIDE

• Page: Main Menu
  • Page: Platform Certification
  • Page: FAQ
  • Page (Category): Vendors
    • Page: Add Vendor
    • Page: Modify Vendor
  • Page (Category): Accounts
    • Page; Add Account
    • Page: Modify Account
    • Page: Link Account to Vendor

"Platform Certification" currently incorrectly resides under Accounts and I need to move it.

Thanks.

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 15, 2024

As @Kristian Klima mentioned, just drag and drop the page to where you want it in the tree.  It can be tricky when trying to drop it to a page just under the root, you need to drop it directly on top of the page you want it to live under.

0 votes
Scott Beeson July 16, 2024

Disregard.

0 votes
Kristian Klima
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 13, 2024

Hi @Stephen Kairys 

In space settings > manage space > edit space details, you can re-assign the new root.

In space settings > reorder, you have some other options of moving pages around, including move a page ABOVE the root page, effectively hiding it from view :) This will also give you a better understanding of the root page concept and the overall Confluence hierarchy. 

Stephen Kairys July 13, 2024

Hi Kristian,

Looks like I didn't clearly phrase my question.

I don't want to replace the root. I need a hierarchy like this, with the page in question boldfaced.

SPACE: USER GUIDE

• Page: Main Menu
  • Page: FAQ
  • Page (Category): Vendors
    • Page: Add Vendor
    • Page: Modify Vendor
  • Page (Category): Accounts
    • Page; Add Account
    • Page: Modify Account
    • Page: Link Account to Vendor

"Platform Certification" currently incorrectly resides under Accounts and I need to move it.

Thanks.

Like Kristian Klima likes this
Kristian Klima
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 14, 2024

OH!

Well, just drag and drop the page wherever you like :) 

(you can do that from Reorder menu but why would you...)

2024-07-14_09-18-54.gif

Like Barbara Szczesniak likes this
Stephen Kairys July 15, 2024

OK I've been having issues dragging the page farther up the page tree, it seems to end up as a sub-page of another page.

Accordingly, pls advise where the Reorder menu is.

Thanks.

Kristian Klima
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 15, 2024

Space settings > Manage content > Reorder

2024-07-15_15-58-59.png

OK I'm really blanking out here.

Where can I find Space Settings?

Community Leader
Community Leader
July 15, 2024

Are you an admin of the space?  If not it won't show up in the left menu.

Not an admin.

Community Leader
Community Leader
July 15, 2024

You'll need to befriend the admin.  They can do this for you or grant you admin for you to do this.  Buy them lunch, most admins enjoy lunch.

Kristian Klima
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 15, 2024

Then you need to work with your admin to reorder pages - if drag and drop doesn't work for you.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events