Move Confluence from Internal to DMZ

Ray Geronimo
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 30, 2014

We currently have an in-house Confluence instance which users currently authenticate with AD via LDAP and currently only accessible via VPN from outside the corporate network.

If we decided to move the existing instance from inside our firewall to DMZ, what would be the best practices? Has anyone tried this and what were your experiences?

1 answer

0 votes
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 30, 2014

First of all make sure it is server vis SSL. You don't want user names and passwords being transmitted unencrypted. Also, I would set up monitoring on your logs ... you might want to turn on web server access logging. I would also double check your global permissions for anonymous access. Do you need it? If not make sure it is off. If you do need it verify annonymous access on all your spaces is set correctly.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events