Most efficient workflow for making changes to doc based on inline comments

Stephen Kairys October 17, 2016

For Confluence 5.9.7 Server:

Hello, fellow Confluence users. I sometimes need to edit a document based on inline comments entered by my manager or even myself. The problem is that these comments are not visible when in EDIT mode, and it's time-consuming to go back-and-forth between VIEW and EDIT mode.

Can anyone suggest a reasonable workflow via which I can most efficiently edit based on inline comments?

Thanks,

Steve

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
EPS Software Engineering AG
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 17, 2016

Hi Stephen,

Better open your browser twice. In one instance keep your page in edit and in the other one in view mode. Press Alt+Tab to switch between the two browsers. Like this you have no waiting times.

Regards,
Stephan

Stephen Kairys October 17, 2016

And I guess opening two windows within the same browser would work as well if I am willing to mouse-click between the browser tabs?

Thanks.

EPS Software Engineering AG
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 17, 2016

Yes, of course. That works fine too.

Stephen Kairys October 18, 2016

Thank you again for your help!

0 votes
Milo Test
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 17, 2016

Duplicate the tab, then just flip back and forth

In Chrome, right click and select Duplicate, then click between tabs or use command keys for next and previous tab:

• Mac: cmd+option+[right arrow] and cmd+option+[left arrow]
  • Win: Ctrl+tab and Ctrl+9 Win.

Even better, have two monitors and drag the duplicated tab to the other monitor <-- I do this all the time.

Stephen Kairys October 18, 2016

Unfortunately, I don't have two monitors. smile I like the idea of DUPLICATE; however, please clarify what you meant (for Windows) per Ctrl+tab and Ctrl+9 Win.

Thanks.

Milo Test
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 18, 2016

Once you have duplicated the tab, you can use those hotkeys to jump back and forth between the tabs. Arguably, the Windows hotkeys for Chrome are pretty awful, and it's probably worse than just using the mouse to click between the tabs.

In Firefox for Windows though, the hotkeys are much better:

Next tab:

• control+tab
  • control+page down
  • command+option+ right arrow

Previous tab:

• control+shift+tab
  • control+page up
  • command+option+ left arrow

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders