Modify Column With in Jira Issues Macro

Felix Rucker March 25, 2020

Hi, 

I am using the Jira Issues Macro in Confluence to diplay Jira task information in a table. It seems as if the column width of the table is set by the length of the "Column Name". However, if I have a short or two word column name, my column gets very narrow, which results in a very strange display of a longer texts. It even breaks up words if the column is too narrow. For example, if I would use a single letter as Column name, all content would be displayed in a long vertical line with only one letter in each line. I it is somehow clear what I mean. Here an example:

image.png

Is there a way to set a minimum column width or for the column to adapt to the task content, rather than to the column name? 

And while we are at it, is there a way do re-order the "Coulumns to Display", or can I only add Columns at the End?

Thanks, 

Felix

1 answer

1 accepted

8 votes
Answer accepted
Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 16, 2021

Hi @Felix Rucker

It is possible with the help of the Table Filter and Charts for Confluence app and its Table Transformer macro that allows advanced table cells formatting.

Wrap your Jira Issues macro into the Table Transformer macro body and use custom SQL queries, for example:

SELECT *,
FORMATWIKI("{cell:width=100px}" + 'Summary'+ "{cell}") AS 'Summary'
FROM T*

Wed 2-1.png Wed 2-2.png

SELECT *,
FORMATWIKI("{cell:width=300px}" + 'Summary'+ "{cell}") AS 'Summary'
FROM T*

Wed 2-3.png Wed 2-4.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN