Missing Menu Items

Randy Whitehead
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 7, 2018

I migrated a site from cloud to server and now I am looking to setup mail server configuration, but my menu doesn't have the Mail Servers item / section.

Go to  > General Configuration > Mail Servers.

Is this because I imported a cloud site and those options are not available to cloud users?

How do I get them back now that I am on a local server?

1 answer

0 votes
Zak Laughton
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 8, 2018

Hi Randy,

You should be able to see the mail server configuration on Confluence Server after migrating from Confluence Cloud. If you're able to see the admin options (Cog > General Configuration) but cannot see the Mail Servers option, your user likely doesn't have the System Administrator permission, which is required to configure mail servers. (for more information on this permission, see Global Permissions)

To add your user to a group with system administrator permissions, a user with this permission will need to add them. The system administrator user for your instance is likely the user you set up when you first installed Confluence. (For reference, this is step 6 of Migrate from Confluence Cloud to Server).

Once you are logged in as the system administrator, you can add the "System Administrator" privilege to any groups you'd like at CogGeneral Configuration Global permissions.

I hope this helps!
-Zak

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events