Migration to new server

Daniel Haas
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 29, 2012

After following migration guide to move confluence 3.4.1 to a new server I am presented with the installation page more specifically the load content page.

Where are using confluence 3.4.1 on Centos 5.6 with postgres 8.3. We are migrating to Centos 6.2 with the same DB version.

Steps I've taken.

1. Shutdown running confluence

2. Put postgres database into hot standby mode.

3. Dumped a copy of DB.

4. Restored copy to development DB server

5. Rsync all files in confluence directory to dev server

6. Changed confluence.cfg.xml to point to dev db server.

7. startup

3 answers

0 votes
Harry Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 2, 2012

Hi, have you updated the path to the Confluence home directory? Is it in the same location for this dev instance? If it can't pick that up, that might explain why.

0 votes
Giuliano C_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 30, 2012

Can you please be sure if you've copied the "confluence.cfg.xml", this is what you trigger the installation again. If you have finished the installation on your previous server it should not give this problem again.

Cheers

0 votes
Matt
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 29, 2012

Is this a question? :}

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events