Migration of unmigrated content due to installation of a new plugin

quipu_eu
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 20, 2019

Hi,

I have Confluence 6.14.1 in our Server.

Sometimes I have to restart Confluence (for example because it freezes). When Confluence is restarted, the pages has a new versions with the comment "Migration of unmigrated content due to installation of a new plugin".

This happen often but not every time. It is very frustrating because we have our Company quality system on Confluence and we must pay attention on the versions of the documents.

How can we prevent this problem?

1 answer

0 votes
Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 23, 2019

Hello there, @quipu_eu!

The issue that your instance is facing is known and we have a report about it. But no need to worry, we also have a solution for it!

This versioning and migration happen every time a plugin Is updated/re-enabled/installed and Confluence restarts. Confluence is actually trying to migrate content within your pages but ultimately applies no changes.

Our real issue is that this can generate many undesired page versions while content remains the same. This can generate some content management problems in the long run.

Here, take a look at our report:

Also, if you want a peek of the workaround, here is the excerpt from our report:

1. open CONF_INSTALL_FOLDER/bin/setenv.sh (or setenv.bat under windows)
  2. locate "CATALINA_OPTS" and add the below line to the file:
    CATALINA_OPTS="-Dconfluence.startup.remigration.disable=true $ {CATALINA_OPTS}"
  3. save the file and restart tomcat

Let us know if this helps you! Looking forward to your reply.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events