Migration from downloaded XML from Server to Cloud

Sascha Schäfers August 25, 2022

Dear Community,

I have downloaded a fully area / field (included all Sites below) from Confluence Server. It is an about 11 MB XML-File. Now I tried to import all over Settings - Import area/field. But there is not more than the old name. There is no content. 

After that fail I tried to find out what to do. I found the migration assistant I can download on the Server. But once the Server is shut down, I have no chance to install...

Hopefully somebody can help me step-by-step.

Best regards

1 answer

0 votes
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 27, 2022

Hi @Sascha Schäfers ,

welcome to the Atlassian community!

Here https://confluence.atlassian.com/conf74/migrate-from-confluence-server-to-cloud-1003129731.html an useful step by step guide in order to migrate from server to cloud.

Hope this helps,

Fabio

Sascha Schäfers August 29, 2022

Dear @Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_ ,

thanks for your message! Unfortunately your link is not that helpful when I unterstood it correctly. The issues is, that I am not able to use the migration tool on the server, so I just have the XML-File which is theoretically importable in the Cloud - but there is no content exept for the logo and name of it.

Best regards

Sascha

Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 29, 2022

Probably your XML has not been created correctly. Could you try to create it from scratch?

I am really sure, that it has been created correctly. I can create it from scratch but I spent more than 2 months of work in all steps to create it...:-(

And if it hasn't been created correctly - isn't there any way to get help from a support team? Normally this should be a problem for a software solution which costs a lot...

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events