Migration from Phriction to Confluence

Alexei Ferreira February 13, 2019

I need to migrate a phacility phriction space to a confluence space, is there a recommended way to do it?

1 answer

1 vote
Dave Theodore [Coyote Creek Consulting]
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 13, 2019

I'm not aware of an easy way to do this and preserve formatting.  When we migrate from less common wikis, we will usually save the content as HTML and then convert it to plain text files.  You can bulk import plain text files pretty easily. 

Another option is to buy the Confluence CLI App and use it to import with.  curl and wget allow you to mirror a site, and this will dump the pages to raw HTML.  Check this example on how to load the HTML in to pages using the HTML macro. It's not ideal, but it gets the content in pretty well.

We do a good amount of this type of migration and there aren't a lot of great options without writing code, unfortunately.

Alexei Ferreira March 15, 2019

I've seem some php scripts to do this kind of migration from phabricator to gitlab, I'm trying to find some that I could use, or change, to do from phabricator to bitbucket, jira, confluence.

Like Alexei Ferreira likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events