Migration from Data Center to Cloud

Ankit Rastogi June 8, 2022

Hi Team,

We have one on-Prem data center instance 6.13 which we want to migrate to Cloud.

Can you please share the migration guide and also the checkpoints guide after migration to Cloud which makes sure nothing breaks?

Can you please share the APIs guide for both-Data Center and Cloud which help us to compare responses before and after migration?

Currently I am using Data Center's 'Content'(rest/api/content) and 'space' API (rest/api/space) to find count of 'spaces' and 'pages' under 'space'. So can you please share same for cloud as well?

1 answer

1 vote
Laura Campbell _Seibert Media_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 10, 2022
Ankit Rastogi June 10, 2022

Thanks @Laura Campbell _Seibert Media_ 

Can you please give me checkpoints or APIs list with details through this we can check if nothing breaks after migration from the data center to the cloud for testing purposes?

Through checkpoints and APIs, I can check/compare responses & data before and after migration. Maybe API details are different for data center and cloud but the response should come the same. Let's say I have 50 spaces on confluence then I can check through this count from API before and after migration and same we can check for page count under each space.

Laura Campbell _Seibert Media_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 10, 2022

Sorry Ankit, I don't have the list of APIs. Have you tried going through this page https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/confluence/rest/intro/ ?

Ankit Rastogi June 10, 2022

Thanks, @Laura Campbell _Seibert Media_ 

OK for APIs. Do you have any checklist which we can check after migration from a testing perspective to make sure nothing is breaking after Migration.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events