Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration failing - cannot upgrade Migration Assistant

Brian Moore June 9, 2022

After opening our enterprise firewall policy to permit our Server to communicate with Atlassian Confluence Cloud:

- connectivity appears to still be failing

- Atlassian Marketplace is unreachable from the Migration Assistant

- our Server instance reports that the Migration Assistant is out of date so forces an upgrade

- though I can download the Migration Assistant .jar file (odd, since the Assistant reports it can't reach the Marketplace), it fails to install

- interestingly, my Server instance does not include Add Ons in the configuration menu. Do I have to configure something to be able to see it?

I am finding no diagnostics to troubleshoot any of this. Is there someplace I can find anything at all to find out what's going on?

Brian

1 answer

0 votes
Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 9, 2022

If you can't open the log from the back end generate a support zip and open the application log, check for errors.

I would strongly recommend opening a support ticket with Atlassian.

Brian Moore June 10, 2022

Bear with me here, but I am not seeing any link to open a support ticket with Atlassian. So how do I open one?

Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 10, 2022
Brian Moore June 13, 2022

Did that. Other than a couple nonsensical messages about "the cloud URL recorded on this support request was updated," I've received no support whatsoever.

PA-130625, which in turn seems to have generated MOVE-83914.

We're running out of time here. What needs to be done to get this escalated?

How does one generate a support zip?

Thanks!

Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 13, 2022

@Brian Moore I feel your frustration, truly I do.  There should be an escalate button on your MOVE ticket.

When you say running out of time, may I ask what the source of the time constraint is?

Fortunately, creating a support zip is very easy.  See the documentation here:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/support/create-a-support-zip-790796819.html

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events