Migrating Confluence + Crowd from Linux database to Cloud

Steven John Kirner July 17, 2018

Hi,

I need to migrate my current Confluence + Crowd database from an old Linux server to Cloud. Do you have step by step instructions for this?

Also, I have an older Confluence v.5.9.6. Do I need to upgrade this before migrating to Cloud?

Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
R. Fuerst
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 17, 2018

Hi Steven,

I assume when you say “Cloud” you mean the Atlassian Cloud. Please correct me if I’m mistaken.

Migrating Confluence to Cloud

We have a handy knowledge base article that describes how to migrate Confluence from Server to the Cloud:

As mentioned in the documentation, Cloud only accepts imports from Confluence Server 5.10.x and up, so you’ll need to upgrade to a supported version before migrating to the Cloud.

Migrating Crowd

Atlassian does not have a Crowd Cloud option - all user management is handled internally in the Cloud. You can read more about User Management in Atlassian Cloud in the documentation below:

I hope that information helps clarify! Please let me know if you have any questions.

Best,

Rachel

Steven John Kirner July 19, 2018

Hi Rachel,

Yes, I meant Atlassian Cloud.

Do you have step by step instructions for upgrading Confluence from 5.9.6 to 5.10.x on a Linux command line? We have an old Linux desktop with no GUI. I would like to do the minimal upgrade and make sure that it does not break my old Linux database.

Thanks!

R. Fuerst
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 19, 2018

Hi @Steven John Kirner,

Sure do - you'll want to manually upgrade Confluence, following the guide below: 

We highly suggest testing the upgrade on a test environment before doing it on production. 

Hope it helps!

Rachel

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events