Migrate confluence to another server

Jeffrey Ng July 2, 2018

I have an existing confluence server and want to migrate to another server, I follow the steps as https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/migrating-confluence-between-servers-184150.html, i have completed steps of 1,2,3,4,6,8, but when I start confluence, nothing shows up, the page just keep on loading.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jeffrey Ng July 2, 2018

I found it's the database connection problem, the new server cannot access the database server and cause the page keep loading, after fix the db connection issue, everything is fine now, thank you all!

0 votes
Danyal Iqbal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 2, 2018

Are you migrating to the same version?

Did it start at step 3 normally?

Check if server.xml needs to be adjusted for the new server.

Have a look at the atlassian-confluence.log not the application server log.

0 votes
Grigory Salnikov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 2, 2018

Hi!

How long have you waited? Sometime it takes awhile to start.

Jeffrey Ng July 2, 2018

it keeps on loading for more than half hour, anything i can check for the issue?

Grigory Salnikov
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 2, 2018

Yes, half an hour is quite long.

Try to check catalina.out log. There should be events that would give a hint.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events