Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merge same columns from different tables

AG December 8, 2022

Hello Atlassian Team

I want to combine the Column 'Weekly Total' from different tables into one table.

2022-12-08 14_54_57-Window.png

I would like for there to be one table with Weekly Total as separate Columns:

2022-12-08 14_55_02-Window.png

If possible I would like there to be a way to distinguish if Weekly Total was from Table A or B.

I've been using Table Transformer but not able to get the columns integrated the way I want it to. Anyone have some advice on how to implement this?

Thanks

2 answers

4 votes
Katerina Rudkovskaya _Stiltsoft_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 9, 2022

Hi @AG

Please follow my example. Here is a screenshot of your tables in the page edit mode:

Fri 2-1.png

And here is your SQL query where we look up the two tables by the unique key column and rename other columns to distinguish if they are coming from the first or second table:
SELECT T1.'Key Field',
T1.'Total' AS 'Total from T1',
T2.'Total' AS 'Total from T2'
FROM T1 LEFT JOIN T2 ON T1.'Key Field' = T2.'Key Field'

Fri 2-2.png
Hope it helps your case.

AG December 12, 2022

Thanks Katerina

I am close, but it is showing the table as below, do you know why?

AG

2022-12-12 14_36_41-Copy of Akash Gondalia - GMSL - Confluence — Mozilla Firefox.png

Katerina Rudkovskaya _Stiltsoft_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 13, 2022

Hi @AG,

Not sure as for now, but it looks like smth is messed up with table headers. 

As you can see on my screenshot, my tables have header rows: grey background is nor just color but real header row created by Confluence itself.

Your tables (I use the very first screenshot for reference here) have gray background both for the first row, for the first and last columns. Please check that the first row is a real header row and the first, last columns are not header columns (that it is just grey backgriound and bold text). 

If it doesn't help you, please check the version of the app and update it to the latest one if needed.

Like Stiltsoft support likes this
0 votes
Patrick Vanhoof
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 9, 2022

Are you using the Table Filter & Charts add-on from @Stiltsoft support ?

AG December 13, 2022

Hi Patrick

Yes I believe I am, the Weekly Total Column is derived using the Table Filter Macro and I am trying to combine the Weekly Total columns from different tables using the Table Transformer macro

Thanks

AG

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events