Media upload size

Hector.Hood October 7, 2020

I know that the standard size is 100MB. I might need to increase this. Is there a best practice recommended size that I should implement. I do not want users getting upload crazy but I do want them to be able to upload more than 100MB. Any recommendations?

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Stephen Garber
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 7, 2020

Generally speaking confluence isn't designed to be a file storage system. It's usually better to integrate a system like sharepoint or google drive into confluence rather than increase the file size to be large enough to store everything. 

0 votes
Answer accepted
Niranjan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 7, 2020

Hi @Hector.Hood ,

I would recommend users to use confluence as a collaborative site and it is not to be used as video/media storage platform. 100MB of attachment should suffice. Other ways to handle video/large sized media attachments is google drive or sharepoint. You can always include the link to attachments in the confluence pages. 

Hector.Hood October 8, 2020

Makes perfect sense.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events