Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximum number of versions of a page

Saquib Fraz January 27, 2020

Hi Atlassian community,

I have a doubt on the confluence page version limit.

Is there any limit of versions we can have on confluence page because My cnflnc page got a version of 77 and post that it was not getting updated, and also received no error response from the page.

If it is so, is there any way to automatically delete few older versions.

Many thanks in advance.

Learner

2 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 27, 2020

I've seen systems with thousands of versions of pages and even tens of thousands (the page worked fine, but the rogue script that was updating it was not so good)  You should not be worried about running out of versions.

0 votes
Mike Bowen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 27, 2020

Hi @Saquib Fraz 

Confluence Versions can definitely go higher than 77 as I have experienced pages up to Version 145 and counting. 

Version numbers of pages.jpg

Not sure deleting older pages is a wise move if auditing or backups are required, although I don't see any way of doing this. Atlassian Support might have the ability to do it for you. 

-Mike

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events