It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Maximum number of versions of a page

Hi Atlassian community,

I have a doubt on the confluence page version limit.

Is there any limit of versions we can have on confluence page because My cnflnc page got a version of 77 and post that it was not getting updated, and also received no error response from the page.

If it is so, is there any way to automatically delete few older versions.

Many thanks in advance.

Learner

2 answers

Hi @Saquib Fraz 

Confluence Versions can definitely go higher than 77 as I have experienced pages up to Version 145 and counting. 

Version numbers of pages.jpg

Not sure deleting older pages is a wise move if auditing or backups are required, although I don't see any way of doing this. Atlassian Support might have the ability to do it for you. 

-Mike

0 votes

I've seen systems with thousands of versions of pages and even tens of thousands (the page worked fine, but the rogue script that was updating it was not so good)  You should not be worried about running out of versions.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence

Lessons and Learnings: Six Months of Working Remote [Discussion]

Hey there, folks! For most of us, the past six months- yes, you read that right- have been a journey. More people than ever before have pivoted to working remotely, and navigating being on-scre...

5,345 views 4 6
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you