Mass upload of profile pics

Damian Knight June 22, 2011

Hi

Has anyone figured out a way of doing a mass upload of users' profile pics?

Cheers

3 answers

1 vote
Ian_Gordon February 11, 2014

Hi Damian,

We have implemented a plugin that does just this.

More information at the Atlassian Marketplace for the Enterprise Profile Pics for Confluence plugin

1 vote
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 22, 2011

Would be simple enough using a plugin, a script, or just a bunch of curl commands, however I think it would be better to pressure Atlassian into supporting a gravatar-like service JRA-24653, as Fisheye already does.

Otherwise it's a constant pain to keep the pictures uptodate, and deal with the fact that users can upload their own picture which you probably would not want to overwrite, etc etc.

EDIT: I just saw you tagged confluence, but I believe my comments equally apply to jira and confluence.

0 votes
BernardoA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 2, 2013

Just to clarify your question...Do you want to upload the same picture to use for all users at the same time?

If you want ot implement a new feature in a future version of Confluence, please feel free to submit a feature request at http://jira.atlassian.com, and we will study the possibility of developing.

For more information on how Atlassian implements new features and  improvement please see the following document: Implementation of New  Features and  Improvements: http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DEV/Implementation+of+New+Features+Policy

Cheers,

Bernardo

Damian Knight September 8, 2013

Hi Bernardo

No, I want administrators to be able to control what pictures are displayed for users. Ultimately, it would be good if it could link to the Active Directory profile picture.

Cheers

Damian

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events