Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Markdown in Confluence Cloud

Jesse DeRose May 12, 2016

What's the easiest way to use Markdown in Confluence Cloud? (Or at the very least, a better editor than the built-in WYSIWYG editor.) I know Atlassian discontinued built-in support but now we're left with nothing - not even the Source Editor plugin since that's only available for Confluence Server not Confluence Cloud.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Robert Massaioli _Atlassian_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 12, 2016

There is the Render Markdown add-on for Confluence Cloud. Does that match what you want?

This is definitely one step in the right direction! Is this plugin configurable? For example, I'd like to move it onto the Confluence editor toolbar (rather than under Insert > Other Macros). AND I'd like to set the default Highlighting Style to "github" rather than "default".

Robert Massaioli _Atlassian_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 12, 2016

I don't know. I think it's free and open source though. So why not just try it and see? laugh

That's why I was asking - it came pre-installed with our Cloud instance and I don't see any buttons/options to tweak it.

0 votes
Mohammed Davoodi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 2, 2017

Our organization has written a plugin, Markdown Render Macro for Confluence for rendering markdown in confluence cloud. You can check it out here. Here's a list of features:

• Loading markdown from a url
  • Writing your own markdown
  • Loading markdown from private Github repositories
  • Loading markdown from private Bitbucket repositories

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events