Macros not working on Personal Space

Alex Andrien January 25, 2023

I want to make meeting notes in my personal space, and have the 'task report' & 'decision report' macros report macros summarize what has been put inside the meeting notes. These macros work fine everywhere, except on my personal space, where they list nothing.

Below a test child page I created, having 1 action item and 1 decision.

image.png

Then in the same space I create a page, containing the task report and decision report macros.

image.png

Here are the settings used for the Task Report. It says 'Current space', but why doesn't it show 'Action item 1'?

image.png

Here are the settings for the Decision Report:

image.png

Anyone have an idea how to get this working? Very frustrating to be honest.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alex Andrien February 14, 2023

It turns out that my personal space's status was set to 'Archived'. After changing this to 'Current', the macros worked again and I can also see my personal space appearing in the suggestions, which wasn't the case before.

For future reference, you can edit this in the Space Details of the space and switch the status from Archived to Current, see below.

space_details.png

0 votes
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 25, 2023

@Alex Andrien Welcome to the Atlassian community!

Can you also post a screenshot of how you have the action items and decisions listed on the page you are trying to pull the report from so I can attempt to assist?

Thanks.

Alex Andrien January 26, 2023

Apologies, something went wrong with the first screenshot, I've added it now!

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 13, 2023

Have you tried putting in the actual space name rather than selecting <current space>?

Alex Andrien February 14, 2023

Thanks for the help, I figured out the problem, see the accepted answer

Like Andy Gladstone likes this
0 votes
marc -Collabello--Phase Locked-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 25, 2023

One thing which comes to my mind as a possible cause:  The pages were created very recently, and Confluence has not yet indexed them.  Sometimes this issue resolves after a short while.

Alex Andrien January 25, 2023

Thanks for the reply!

I don't think this is the issue, I just made these as an example but I've had the same on other pages on my personal space. These test pages also are not showing the macros, and I would hope the indexing doesn't take hours.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events