Macro copy not working in IE.

Andrew Williams January 31, 2018

We have a Page Properties Macro that adds Metadata fields to documents;  the fields add required elements we use to track and control Ownership, Department, Review Dates, etc.  

Previously we could copy the PPM from one document to another (we have a backlog of documents that need the macro applied).  The copy is no longer working in IE - that is, we can't copy the entire Macro frame and paste it into another document.  The copy is working in Chrome, but not in IE (our corporate standard browser). 

Is this IE going wonky or Confluence?

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 5, 2018

Andrew,

Can you tell us your IE version as well as your Confluence version? Does this work in Edge?

Regards,
Shannon

Andrew Williams April 5, 2018

IE Version 11.0.9600

Update Version 11.0.50

Confluence is Cloud version, I don't know anything more than that.

Edge is not installed on our Win 7 machines.  I have a VM test bed Win 10 with Edge and I just did some minor Confluence testing:

- Click on left-hand page list won't open or display anything in the right-hand pane (spinning circle).

- I could open a new document, but the copy-paste doesn't work, as in IE.

Confluence is pretty much dead in this VM instance using Edge.  I'd previously tested  ServiceNow and some other apps successfully. 

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 6, 2018

Hi Andrew,

Can you confirm that Compatibility Mode is turned off IE? 

I just tested in my Confluence Cloud instance, but I wasn't able to replicate the problem and can copy a Page Properties Macro from one page to another. 

Does the issue occur with any macro or only the Page Properties one specifically?

Regards,

Shannon

Andrew Williams April 6, 2018

I turned it off, but there was no impact. 

Are you sure your copy got the Macro AND contents, or just the contents?  Because I can copy the table inside the PPM - but not the actual PPM + Contents.

And it's not just the PPM macro:  With IE, I cannot select / copy any macro and paste it elsewhere. (Tried to attach pic but it didn't work?)

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
April 6, 2018

Hi Andrew,

I can confirm that the entire contents of the macro got copied over, and I'm able to copy and paste other macros. However, I'm running IE 11 in Parallels on macOS, so I don't know if it makes a difference.

I have asked around the Cloud team if anyone has reported this, and I wasn't able to find any support tickets on the issue, but it doesn't mean that other users have not run into the issue.

Hopefully by your thread reporting the issue, if other users run into the same problem, we will find out here. Then we will be better able to replicate the issue and report it as a bug if that is the case.

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events