Lost ability to edit pages

Max Aster September 7, 2018

Hello, I have lost ability to edit any page in my confluence server instance.

Any user with admin rights is unable to edit any page. There was no global or any space permission changes. Checking and changing space permissions do not solve the problem.

Please help.

3 answers

0 votes
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 26, 2018

Hi Max,

Some troubleshooting steps:

1. I see you've got a Confluence Starter License on your account that was recently renewed. Let's make sure Confluence has the correct current license. You can retrieve your current valid license from https://my.atlassian.com where you can expand out the Confluence starter license and click the View License link. Copy the license. Follow the steps in the Updating your License section of the Confluence licensing document to paste and update the license in Confluence.
  2. It's possible that something (manual change, an issue with a directory sync) caused your users to lose their membership to the confluence-users internal group. This is required for login/Confluence usage. A quick way to check this is by seeing if there are any members at the group at this URL: <your confluence base URL>/admin/users/domembersofgroupsearch.action?membersOfGroupTerm=confluence-users
    If the 4 users in your system aren't listed here, you can use the Add Members button to add them back in.

Let me know if you're still having trouble after running through those steps.

Cheers,
Daniel

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 7, 2018

Confluence will also go "read-only" with a production licence, when you add too many users to the "can use" group and try to go over your licence limit.

Your admins should check the licence type and user numbers.

@Nic I'm the admin. This instance use 4 out of 10 licences. I have restarted confluence server but nothing changed. If I mannualy go to edit URL like /pages/editpage.action?pageId=3113014 i see message saying You are not allowed to perform this action

0 votes
Charlie Misonne
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 7, 2018

Are you using a trial license? In that case Confluence will be read-only when it expires.

No. I use starter licence it expires 18 october 2018.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events