Livesearch macro width not changing

Claudia Linquanti-Sue September 16, 2019

We're putting together a Knowledgebase, and the home page has a Livesearch macro at the top. Even though I changed the size of the macro from Medium to Large, the width of the search bar is still only as wide as a Medium size search - although it has the look of the Large search. When I edit the macro, I can verify that it's set to Large, and the macro preview shows the expected width. As soon as I apply those settings, the width remains narrower than in the preview. I've tried removing and re-adding the macro, placing it into a table with a single column, and otherwise changing the layout of the page to allow the Livesearch width to expand, and nothing works. I can't find any other reference to this issue, so I hope there's already a solution out there.

Additional notes: We are currently using an out-of-the-box version of Cloud Confluence, we don't have any user macros or plug-ins installed.

kb search issue 2.jpgkb search issue 1.jpg

2 answers

1 vote
Tim March 10, 2020

Still affected. When will this be fixed?

Shane Hill November 11, 2021

They tried to fix it recently, years later and still failed. Same width execpt the text now spans 2 lines and over laps. Released to Confluence Cloud, doubt they even tested.

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 19, 2019

Hello Claudia,

Welcome to Atlassian Community! It's nice to have you.

I've been able to replicate this issue, and indeed, you're running into a bug with the Livesearch Macro on the New Editor.

There's been a bug raised below:

For anyone affected by this bug, please click This affects my team and you will automatically be added to the list of watchers on this case.

Thank you for your help!

Regards,

Shannon

Brian November 11, 2019

Hi, this is affecting our team. We will be watching this issue / awaiting a resolution. Thanks. 

Regards, 

-Brian

Like # people like this
Matthew Harrison
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 25, 2024

This issue is still affecting our team. I have commented on the bug reports, hoping for a resolution soon.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events