Links to Anchors being truncated

Shane Mather January 6, 2020

I have a page with two tables (one for Outstanding Actions, another a list of requirements - each with multiple actions linked).

I have Anchors for each row of each table so that I can link from the requirement to the action easily, and visa-versa.

The problem I'm having is that the links 'randomly' (I haven't found any pattern yet) have half of the link address text truncated (usually to 4 or 5 characters).

So I enter the link to the anchor "#action4", then later on (after some saves and publishes) it's broken and is now "#acti" or "#actio" or "#action" - never consistent.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Workaround seems to be to not hit enter, but to click save when creating/editing the link.

Kirstin Seidel-Gebert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 8, 2020

Do you have the free Confluence Source Editor installed, Shane? If yes, you could try to rectify the anchors in the source editor and see if they are saved.

Cheers,
Kirstin

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events