Linking Confluence pages with brackets () in the title is not possible - JIRA

Tobias August 31, 2020

Hello everybody,

I have a problem linking a Confluence page in a Jira task. The problem only occurs when I want to link a page that has a bracket in the title. If I remove the bracket in the title of the page, I can also link it in the Jira task.

Maybe someone has had the same problem before and there is a setting so that you can also link pages with bracket () in the title.

image-2020-08-27-16-15-31-018.png

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ivan Lima
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 31, 2020

Hey @Tobias , is your page searchable when you navigate to JIRA issue > More > Link > Confluence page > search for a page? Also, which versions are you in?

I'm on the latest version in both Jira and Confluence, and I was able to link the page to the issue. However, when I searched for the page, I was only able to find it using non-special characters. Have you tried that too?

Screen Shot 2020-08-31 at 4.55.40 PM.png

If this is not the case, have a look at this jirakb. Perhaps, you might be falling under the reverse proxy situation.

There is also an open ticket with Atlassian around this:

Cheers,

IL.

0 votes
Alberto Aragón November 24, 2021

I think you can use the Share button of the page as a workaround. It provides a short URL than could work fine.

At least it works for me to link Confluence pages from other Confluence pages that is not possible for me if the Title have square brackets.

2021-11-24_11h16_28.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events