Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Link in new Confluence Design

Luise Weiser January 31, 2020

Hi,

In the new Confluence design, we cannot add a document as a link as it was before. Now, we only can add the doc and the preview appears on the page.

Thanks for you help!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alison
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 31, 2020

Hi Luise, are you adding link display text?

If you use the link feature and add link display text, you should be able to display a link instead of the doc preview. 

The link keyboard shortcut is command + k or /link

James Dellow
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 31, 2020

@Alison I think @Luise Weiser means she wants to create a text link to a file attachment, not a page.

Unfortunately, this is no longer supported in the new editor in Confluence Cloud. However, please se this JIRA ticket - hopefully this functionality will come back in the future:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-65302?focusedCommentId=2337252&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels%3Acomment-tabpanel#comment-2337252

Luise Weiser February 2, 2020

Hi, thanks for your reply! As James says, I would like to link an attached document. It has been working in the old design. So let us hope that the feature will come back in the future, I will check the Jira ticket. Best, Luise

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events