Link from blog post to page not in recently viewed list, and edit link text -- in confluence cloud

Rory Apperson January 2, 2019

I am a long-time Confluence user but we just recently migrated from "server" to "cloud".  I'm finding many frustrating differences and shortcomings.

I have always used blog posts to keep a daily record of my work.  I make heavy use of links to reference pages elsewhere in our wiki.  In the cloud version, I'm finding two frustrating things:

First, I can't link to files or pages or anything that's not in my "recently viewed" list.  Here is what it looks like:

2019-01-02_15-08-37.png
Next, if I DO insert something from my recently viewed, I can't modify the displayed text.  Here is what the procedure looks like from a regular (non-blog) page:

2019-01-02_15-08-58.png

I have thousands of blog entries dating back to 2007.  I'd love to figure this one out.

1 answer

0 votes
Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 4, 2019

Hello there Rory!
This new behaviour you are facing is part of the new editor. The links now work like this:

Links: The link modal has been replaced with an in-line link field. Select the text you want to link, click the icon from the toolbar, and paste in the URL you want to link to.

You can take a further look into this here:

Confluence Editing Improvements

There are some differences between Confluence Cloud and Server, you may want to take a look here:

Atlassian Cloud vs. Server: Features and use cases

Rory Apperson January 4, 2019

Thanks for the reply Diego.  So how do you link to pages that aren't in your "recently viewed" list?

Rory Apperson January 7, 2019

Thanks, I've read those but I still don't have an answer.  How do I link to pages that aren't in my "recently viewed" list?  How do I search for other pages in our Confluence site while creating a link?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events