Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Link Directory

Steven Sgarlata September 15, 2022

Is there a way to create a directory of links (Confluence Page) and have hyperlinks on other pages open from the directory page? My goal is to have a single link that will be used on other pages so if it needs to be updated only one hyperlink address will be changed. I am not looking to use the Anchor option, I would like to try and have a link open when clicked not navigate to the link directory. 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 15, 2022

@Steven Sgarlata Welcome to the Atlassian Community.

Have you tried using the Page Tree Macro for this? It can render a list of links to the specified pages in a Space or under a specific parent page. The macro will update the links as you create, update and edit the pages that the macro references.

Is this what you are looking for?

Thanks Andy! This might be what I need, I will give it a shot.

Hey Andy, I am trying to make a directory of links that are not Confluence pages. The files are from Google Drive, Box.com, and Miro. We use our Confluence page as a directory for all of our processes, training, and design criteria. My intent was to create a master Hyperlink Page that I could use on other pages, but these links exist outside of Confluence. This might not be possible but I want to be sure before I go another route.

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 15, 2022

@Steven Sgarlata you certainly can do this with the Excerpt and Excerpt Include Macro. This way you only ever have to change the hyperlinks on the master page where you are employing the Excerpt Macro and reference them on the page you want them to appear on with the Include Excerpt Macro. 

Here are links to the documentation on both:

Excerpt Macro

Excerpt Include Macro

Steven Sgarlata September 16, 2022

Great, thank you Andy! I appreciate your help on this, I will give this a shot!

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 23, 2022

@Steven Sgarlata let me know if my answer helped you by clicking on the Accept Answer button. Thanks!

Steven Sgarlata September 23, 2022

It did Andy, thanks again! I will accept this answer. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events