Lines on photos when using preview

Sarah Inchley July 4, 2018

We are converting a, org chart from Visio to PDF and then uploading them into our Confluence site but when we preview the document the photos have lines across them.  This happens when using all browsers.  There are no lines when the document is downloaded.  Has anyone come across this before?

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 5, 2018

Hi Sarah,

Can you show us what the lines look like? What version of Confluence are you using? 

Regards,

Shannon

Sarah Inchley August 9, 2018

Hi Shannon,

My apologies for taking soooo long to get back to you.  I haven't actually been able to replicate the lines on the photos when saving a copy myself so still struggling with this.

My company is not comfortable with me posting an example as it is company employee faces that I will be using, something to do with employee privacy.

The best i can do at the moment is to give a step by step on what we are doing.

The photo is a pdf, it is then inserted into visio and into a rectangle which has a green background.  The visio document is then saved as in viso, then exported as a pdf and then inserted into a confluence page.  When you click on it to preview, green lines appear across the photo but when it is downloaded there are no lines.  Its as if the conversion has separated the photo into sections.  The document has been edited so many times as it is an org chart and people have come and gone from the organisation.

Lines also appear if you insert it using the PDF macro.

Any help would be mostly appreciated.

Thanks

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 9, 2018

Hi Sarah,

Unfortunately I can't test with this as I don't have a copy of Visio and I'm on macOS.

For the user who was able to verify it, since they know the steps it takes to replicate, are they not able to create a test document that wouldn't violate employee privacy? We would need an example we can work with on our own instances in order to replicate.

I also asked earlier what version of Confluence you're using. Would you be able to confirm?

Do the lines occur in all browsers, or only certain ones? Is it only on that one user's computer?

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events