Line spacing within code block is too wide, how to change?

Desiree_Anson November 21, 2019

I have a block of code that I can make display with the right font, but the paragraph is stretched out so that there is a lot of space between the lines of text.  I want to get rid of the space between the lines.  Is there any way to do this?  The format of this is "code", normal text.  I've tried the Shift+Enter which just produces the same result, extra space between the lines.  Thank you for any help you can give.

CodeBlockFormattingInConfluence.JPG

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 17, 2022

I believe that this is no longer the case. Example of Code Snippet macro below...CDE38E8B-F0F5-4F67-AE8F-916A51DE1DDA.jpeg

Desiree_Anson January 17, 2022

Thank you for your reply.  I wonder if it depends on the page type in Atlassian I'm using.  When I type information in JIRA, it shows like yours above.  But when I type in our Wiki page, it still shows the bad format.

AtlassianWikiSpaces.png

https://.../wiki/spaces/...

This is in our Confluence product.

Like david.mockridge likes this
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 17, 2022

could it be that you are are on the old editor? Are you able to enter "/code snippet" or do you need to click on the "+" and select "code block"?

Like Desiree_Anson likes this
Desiree_Anson January 18, 2022

The "/code snippet" worked, thank you!  I expected to see code block as an option in the section that has the choices for bold, italic, underline, etc. There is "code" as an option in that section so I thought that was all that was possible.

But I see now clicking "+" in that drop down there is code snippet.  Thank you very much for the help!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events