Limit page width

Deleted user July 22, 2013

is it possible to set a page width on a confluence page?

I notice that the width of an articl on the confluence knowlege base itself is limited to 940px and I am trying to replicate something similar.

Ref page with fixed width,

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONF50/Confluence+Documentation+Home

3 answers

0 votes
Deleted user November 14, 2013

Was hopeing to do this without CSS, in the end i had to alter my designs to fit the limitation rather than change the CSS manually.

0 votes
N.Hien
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 14, 2013

Hi Brett Evans

I wonder where to put the CSS you mentioned above, as I tried to put in a CSS file then import but I failed.

It is great if you can show the full path to the file you add the CSS.

Thanks in advance :)

Deleted user November 14, 2013

Was hopeing to do this without CSS, in the end i had to alter my designs to fit the limitation rather than change the CSS manually.

0 votes
MJ
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 22, 2013

I do not have edit rights to the particular page, so I can not see exactly what they have done. I assume they have made use of a column, which you can define to cover a set percentage of a page or a fixed amount of pixels. The column itself is being aligned in the center of the page. Please have a look at this page for more details on page layout and column width.

Deleted user July 22, 2013

I tried that with no joy,

if you go to tools, view source you can see they havent nested everything in a column.

looking at the CSS it looks to be in the CSS on the main section in the custom.css file but I'm unsure how to add something like this to my setup?

/***************************************************
** MAIN 
***************************************************/

body#tinymce.fullsize, 
#main 
{
  margin        : 0 auto;
  width         : 940px;
  border        : 0;
  padding       : 20px;
  min-height    : 40em;
 }