Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labels- deleting bottom of page versus through edit labels?

Laurel Ingle April 27, 2023

I am trying to clean up labels and at the bottom of the pages I can add and seemingly delete labels. 

Screenshot 2023-04-27 at 4.08.08 PM.png

However, if I do it at he bottom of the page rather than the edit labels way, labels that have no pages linked still exist in my all labels list. This is the only way I've noticed this problem occurring. If I remove labels the edit labels direction, this is not a problem and the label will disappear if not attached to a space or page.

How can I remove labels that have no attached space or page in Confluence?

Screenshot 2023-04-27 at 4.05.38 PM.png

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Oliver Siebenmarck _Polymetis Apps_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 28, 2023

Hi @Laurel Ingle ,

Welcome to the community!

I've tried to reproduce the problem on our instance, but couldn't. So the problem might be specific to your instance, in which case you should file a bug report with Atlassian. But there's still a few things you could try before that, if you like. 

First of all, a label might not be used in Space Y anymore, but is in use in Space Z. If you have your labels list macro configured to show labels from a Space Z, it would show up, even though the page with the macro might be in Space Y.

Next, the label might be used on piece of content that you do not have access to. In these case, it would still show up, but you would not see any associated content. In my experience, this is the most common explanation. 

In any case, if you are doing a spring cleaning of the labels in Confluence, that's a great time to try out one of the label management apps from the Marketplace (my personal favourite is our own app, Magic Labels).

At the very least, you should be able to clean everything up before the trial period is up. 

Hope that helps, 

Oliver

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events