Jira issue creation breaks with mentions?

Bashir Ziady September 14, 2021

Hi,
I am working on supporting my team who often gets tasks assigned to them in confluence even though we use Jira to track work. I've recently noticed that when I select text in confluence, right-click, and select "Create Issue" the automatic linking between the ticket and the page breaks when a user is mentioned in the text selected.

For example, the following text creates an issue, populates the "Jira Links" summary at the top of the confluence page and, conversely, the "Confluence page mentioned on" in the Jira ticket:
"Follow up on leak test results"

Whereas the following text only creates the issue but does not do the automatic linking:
"Follow up with @username on leak test results"

This is unfortunate because nearly all tasks in Confluence have a mention and makes converting between the two even more challenging for me. 

Is there something I am doing wrong? Or is there a workaround? 
Thanks for the help!

-Bash

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Roberto Miasack
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 14, 2021

Bash,

Creating items in jira from Confluence is something I do daily and it works perfectly.

But I don't understand your problem. Is there any way you can bring more details? Maybe screen shots or video playback?

Cheers!

Bashir Ziady September 15, 2021

Hi Roberto,
Thanks for replying! I had trouble finding the right words to describe what is going on. Here is a link to a screen recording I did. It is a little cropped but I hope it demonstrates the discrepancy I am experiencing:
Screen recording 

Thanks!

-Bash

Roberto Miasack
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 15, 2021

Hi Bash,

This looks like a bug to me. I played it the same way and it doesn't really work. The item is created in Jira but is not linked in the document.
The only way is to edit the document and add the macro /jira filtering the open item.

I advise opening a direct call with Atlassian about the issue.

Cheers!

Like Bashir Ziady likes this
Roberto Miasack
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 15, 2021
Like Bashir Ziady likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events