Jira issue/Filter' macro not Updating by itself

Sehreen Jafry September 18, 2018

Hello,

I have a defects/bugs logged in Jira and they are all differentiated based on "Labels", I am using Jira issue/Filter' macro to dynamically query the 'count of issues' for each label. The issue is that the count is not updating by itself when I added new bugs with the specific label. I have to click 'edit' and then publish changes again for the count to increase or decrease.

The table is shown below. 

Sr. 

Category

Defects

Category -1

3 defects

Category -2

4 defects

Category -3

11 defects

Category -4

N/A

Please let me know if there is. I would be grateful.

2 answers

0 votes
Rambabu Patina _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 18, 2018

Hi @Sehreen Jafry, Welcome to the community.

If the JIRA issues macro is not refreshing automatically then just set the JIRA Issues macro's cache parameter to off or flushing the cache in Confluence.

1) There is a "cache" parameter that can be switched to off.

The macro maintains a cache of the issues which result from the JIRA query. If the 'cache' parameter is set to 'off', the relevant part of the cache is cleared each time the macro is reloaded. (The value 'false' also works and has the same effect as 'off'.)
Note: This parameter is available only if you insert the macro via wiki markup or by editing the storage format of the page. The macro browser does not offer this parameter.

(or)

2) You can flush the cache by following below steps:

Go to Confluence Admin > Cache Statistics, and Flush All

Refresh the page and check the new status. 

Thanks,
Ram.

Sehreen Jafry September 23, 2018

Thank you for your reply. I asked my Confluence admin regarding this option ( as I have limited access) but she was of the opinion that clearing cache might end up clearing the confluence pages in Draft state. So all she did was run a 'macro repair' function which she found in the admin area and I think it might have done the trick as the macros are updating on reloading the page.

0 votes
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 18, 2018

Hello @Sehreen Jafry

Isn't the count updated automatically when you refresh the page, i.e. you add a new bug in jira with a certain label and then you refresh the confluence page, that should refresh the count.

Sehreen Jafry September 18, 2018

Unfortunately, that's not happening.

I have added a pie chart macro to the page as well, and it updates every time I refresh but the 'Jira issue Fitler' count refuses to budge. Its only when I click 'Edit', and go into the Edit mode, the count updates.

Dolly Kirubavathi November 30, 2021

Is there a solution for this? I have the same issue as well. How do we get the Jira issue filter to auto refresh? Please help!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events