Jira dashboards on Confluence pages.

Kevin Paulus July 25, 2018

A user asked if Jira dashboards can be displayed on Confluence pages.  -- I've not heard of this -- unless it would be embedded in the page source code.

The following is the email he sent:

I thought the "gadgets" feature was merely a setting to be enabled rather than an add-on to be installed. I'm basically trying to implement gadgets from the Jira dashboards onto Confluence pages. If you know how to enable that, please let me know.

Below is the error message I currently receive when attempting to paste the gadget link onto the page:
This gadget cannot be displayed on your dashboard. This could be due to a licensing problem or an application error. If you need this gadget, contact your administrator for assistance. Otherwise, you can remove it from your dashboard.

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 25, 2018

There are Jira gadgets that can be added to Confluence pages. You can enable them one by one but I prefer the solution described at this link: Subscribing to all of the application's gadgets

Kevin Paulus July 25, 2018

Thanks Ann!  Keyword searches are pointless if you don't know the right keywords to search for.

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 25, 2018

Very happy to hear I could help. :)

1 vote
Ivan Garcia _Appfire_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 5, 2022

Hi @Kevin Paulus 

If you're up for trying an add-on, this pain could be alleviated easily. I suggest our app Dashboard Hub for Confluence - Reports & Charts which makes it very easy to embed highly visual dashboards and gadgets into Confluence pages.

Macro asset 1.png

Hope it helps :)

Ivan Garcia, Product Marketing Manager

Kevin Paulus September 6, 2022

Thank you Ivan, but the cost of that add-on was flat-out rejected as too high for its value added.  The users will learn to live without.

Chris Cooke Old Street Apps
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 7, 2022

Hi Kevin.

We'd be happy to give you a year's free trial of Custom Charts for Confluence, and hopefully, that's a suitably long evaluation for you to prove some value.
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1220493/custom-charts-for-confluence-jira-dashboard-report-filter?tab=overview&hosting=cloud

Ivan Garcia _Appfire_
Marketplace Partner
September 8, 2022

Hi @Kevin Paulus 

Just in case I made you think Dashboard Hub for Confluence only has that added value, I would like to let you know that our app, apart from Confluence Macros, also offers many other powerful features such as:

• Creating Custom Charts with JQL, build your own charts.
  • Reporting externally with ease, using Public Links.
  • Pre-defined dashboard templates for Agile, ITSM, DevOps teams, ... as well as +70 gadgets.
  • Redirect users or groups to specific dashboards, with Filter Rules.
  • Dashboards that become your Single Source of Truth. Use multi-project, multi-instance, and cross-team gadgets.

Best,

Ivan Garcia, Product Marketing Manager

0 votes
Casey Maynard May 14, 2019

I have been able to add the JIRA gadget (aio-app-reports-gadget) to my External Gadgets Admin section.

Once I did that I can now add the new macro "(All-in-One Reports for JIRA)" listed into my Confluence page

I configured the options

- Saved Reports (I selected the title of my report)

- Gadget height (I set @ 500)

- Refresh Interval (15 minutes)

I then Saved that, and clicked Insert button, and then saved my Confluence page

After waiting about 30 minutes my page is Blank, except for a small cog icon in the bottom right.  When i click that icon, there looks like a small dialog that might appear but I cannot see what I should do next to get my report to display in my page.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events