Jira and Confluence

Shikha Alageel
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 19, 2017

I did not get how to create an issue using confluence then link it to Jira?

Whatever written in your document is not working with me.

thank you

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jeremy M
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 20, 2017

Dear Shikha,

First of all; Are your JIRA and Confluence linked together by an Application Link?

If they are indeed linked, you can just select any text on a Confluence page and you will see a button show up which you can press to create an issue in JIRA.

confluence-team-collaboration-jira-integration-create-jira-issues-600x359.png

See the following documentation;

https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/use-jira-applications-and-confluence-together-427623543.html

Friendly Regards,

Jeremy Mooiman

Shikha Alageel
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 20, 2017

How can I link them together?

Jeremy M
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 20, 2017

Dear Shikha,

Create an application link

1. Log in to JIRA as a user with 'JIRA Administrator' permissions.
  2. Choose > Applications. Select Application Links in the left menu.
  3. Enter the URL of the application you want to link to, then click Create new link.
    • If you check The servers have the same set of users... then this link will be configured using OAuth (with impersonation) authentication.
    • If you are not an admin on both servers you won't be able to set up a 2-way (reciprocal) application link. If you want to go ahead and create a 1-way link anyway, clear the I am an administrator on both instances checkbox.
  4. Use the wizard to finish configuring the link. If the application you are linking to does not have the Application Links plugin, you must supply additional information to set up a link with OAuth authentication.

When you complete the wizard, the Application Links plugin will create the link between your applications using the most secure authentication method that is supported between the two applications. See the  Application Links User Guide for more information.

The new link will appear on the "Configure Application Links" page, where you can:

You can read more about this on;

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver071/using-applinks-to-link-to-other-applications-802592232.html

Friendly Regards,

Jeremy Mooiman

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events