Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira Issue macro linking not working

Jesús Jorge Muñoz May 3, 2018

Hello everyone,

My team use a lot the Jira Issue macro in our documents in Confluence. It's a very powerful tool. But we found a problem and we need to know if this can be solved.

When we use the macro to show a single Jira issue, a Confluence page link is created in this Jira issue, as we expect. But if we list several Jira issues as a table, as we understand the behaviour, those issues should be linked to this Confluence page too, but this doesn't happen.

If we list a lot of issues, linking them one by one to the related page is impractical. Also it's not possible to "bulk link" them to this page. 

I want to know if this is a bug, or if it's not, if it exists some support ticket to request this feature.

Thanks a lot!

Jesús

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
thais
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 3, 2018

Hi, Jesús,

The behaviour you described is reported on the following bug:

- CONFCLOUD-39845: JIRA issue macro in table view in Confluence does not link the page to JIRA

We suggest you add yourself as a watcher to the bug to receive the updates. You can also find more information on our bug fixing policy here.

Jesús Jorge Muñoz May 4, 2018

Hi Thais,

Thank you very much for your reply and support. I've already added myself as a watcher.

Jesús

thais
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 4, 2018

Hi, Jesús,

Thank you for replying. :)

Nick Mileson August 18, 2022

Any status update on this?  I'm still seeing the same bug behavior

1 vote
Chris Gado April 22, 2020

This is still an issue. The macro does not behave properly and is causing unnecessary additional work. The Jira link above has been open for years with no movement. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events