Jira Issue Macro shows in Confluence Editor (new version) but lists out a URL when not in Editor

Mindy_Buss May 8, 2020

So why does the Jira Issue Macro only show in Editor but it lists out a URL (that doesn't have the macro description of the actual issue) when viewing the saved version of the document? I find this extremely annoying. I converted to the new editor, then had to update all my links using the new editor programming, and now that I converted to the new navigation, it doesn't show the links at all just the URL. This is creating more work and providing less functionality. Am I doing something wrong? Otherwise, I'm not impressed with this feature in the upgrade.

1 answer

0 votes
Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 11, 2020

Hello @Mindy_Buss !

By reading your issue I understand that Jira Issues are not displayed as expected when using the Jira Macro in Confluence. This seems to affect pages migrated from tinyMCE into Fabric.

With this in mind, I tried to replicate the behavior in my Confluence Site.

I first tried to achieve that with the list view of the macro:

In edit mode:

Screen Shot 2020-05-11 at 17.34.54.png

In view mode:

Screen Shot 2020-05-11 at 17.35.18.png

In both cases, the issues are displayed as expected. Then, I tried to replicate that by selecting the Single Issue display mode. Again, the behavior is what is expected from the macro:

In edit mode:

Screen Shot 2020-05-11 at 17.46.18.png

In view mode:

Screen Shot 2020-05-11 at 17.46.29.png

And lastly, I pasted an issue link straight into Confluence while editing. The issue displays as expected too:

In edit mode:

Screen Shot 2020-05-11 at 17.36.44.png

In view mode:

Screen Shot 2020-05-11 at 17.36.53.png

With the results above, I would like to ask you some questions:

1. Is this happening only in pages that have been converted from the Legacy Editor (tinyMCE) or is it present in newly created pages that use the New Editor (Fabric)?
  2. Are you using the list or single-issue view in Jira Macro?
  3. What happens if you pasted a single issue in Confluence?
  4. Could you share screenshots with the behavior with us?

When sharing screenshots, take care not to disclose sensitive information with it. Our community is open and everyone can see everything posted here.

Looking forward to your reply!

Mindy_Buss May 11, 2020

• Is this happening only in pages that have been converted from the Legacy Editor (tinyMCE) or is it present in newly created pages that use the New Editor (Fabric)? So far, yes.
  • Are you using the list or single-issue view in Jira Macro? Single-issue view.
  • What happens if you pasted a single issue in Confluence? I have not been able to do that because I'm creating the initial link not copying/pasting.
  • Could you share screenshots with the behavior with us? Due to client identifiable information I cannot. Basically, it goes from showing the Jira Issue macro link once created (in Edit) to a URL to the Jira Issue page (in View) instead. The macro links include the name of the specified page, the URLs do not. Therefore, they still get you there, but they are not as descriptive. What's odd is one (only one) of the links I created yesterday worked and is viewable in both Edit & View as the macro link. So I don't understand the discrepancy in View, especially if it's not consistent.

Thank you for your detailed response, and I appreciate your assistance.

- Mindy

Mindy_Buss May 14, 2020

Also, I had my IT guy look into it and this is what he said:

It looks like the Table Filter macro is the cause, somehow it interferes with the table. Unfortunately, there is no way to solve the problem by ourselves as we use JIRA Cloud. They have to update the macro to work with the updated Confluence site.

Please advise.

-Mindy 

Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 14, 2020

Hello again, @Mindy_Buss ! Thank you very much for gathering more information around this behavior.

Looking at our historic reports, I was able to find one that has been closed due to the fact that it was not possible to replicate.

Here:

I wonder if there is anything in common between the links that are not converted. The same question goes for the Jira Issues that are correctly converted.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events