JIra Software Project not showing in Confluence

Kelly Ballwanz August 4, 2021

I've set up a new Jira Project and Confluence space.  From my Jira project I can create pages in the Confluence space. 

However, once I create the project requirements page and publish it, I can't create tickets from that page in the linked Jira Project.

I am a Jira admin.  I am seeing ALL other projects, just not the linked/correct one.  We have other projects linked to other spaces and those are working.

All our projects share the same permission scheme so it's not a permission issue.

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 4, 2021

Hi Kelly,

so how are you attempting to create issues within Confluence? Are you highlighting some text and trying to click on the great Jira icon? If you do that is the issue that you just can’t find the specific project among the list or something else? If you think screenshots would help explain your dilemma please share. I would obviously say it feels like a permissions issue but if in fact you can create issues in the project directly that’s not the case here.

Kelly Ballwanz August 4, 2021

@Jack Brickey-

That's correct. I am highlighting the text and am seeing every other project in our Jira instance accept for the one I need.

All of our projects share the same permission scheme, so the ones I am seeing have the same permissions as the one that I am not seeing.

Also, from the Jira Project I can go to 'Project Pages' and it IS linked to the Confluence Space.  I have tested creating a page from the 'Project Pages' of the Jira Software project.  Then when going to that created page in Confluence, and trying to create an Issue from there, is where I experience the issue.

Geeta Vandemark December 22, 2021

I have similar issue. We have two instances--Jira  and Jira cloud. (Most Projects have moved to Jira Cloud)

I hover over a selected text on the confluence page, and then click on the Jira icon.

1. Then I see two Jira instances. I can select Jira and then scroll through various projects. I select a task, add a summary, and desc. It shows up in the project that I selected. 
  2. But when I select Jira Cloud instance I don't see ANY project to scroll through. 

However, I CAN show a Jira issue and Jira filter from several projects in the Jira Cloud instance using the Jira Macro or {Jira shortcut. 

Like Matthew Spangenberg likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events