JIRA related macros show __MSG_gadget.xxxxxxx

Hi Team!

I have come across issue with displaying macro, related to JIRA, titles in Confluence. They show __MSG_gadget.xxxxxxx instead normal name. It looks like issue with JIRA 7.X and gadgets. I have run SSLPoke from Confluence server to JIRA and connected successfully. Jira issues macro works normally.

Do you have any idea why those titles don't appear properly?

Regards,

Mariusz

1 answer

0 vote

Hi Mariusz,

Have you seen and tested this resolution yet? Perhaps it will help?

Let us know if you have or if you have any questions. 

Regards,

Shannon

Hi,

we don't have problem with gadgets in JIRA, but with macros in Confluence. Gadgets work properly. I have seen this article. Already added all certs to jira and confluence java's cacerts and to both keystores. Application links are working, there are no iptables rules on both servers.

Regards,

Mariusz

Thank you for confirming you went through the troubleshooting steps on that article, Mariusz. It could have still been related.

Can you now try the following? This seems to have resolved the same issue with Jira Issues Macros for other users:

If that doesn't work, can you please load the page with the broken macros and let us know what error messages you see in the Confluence Server Logs?

Regards,

Shannon

Hi,

I have completed all three tasks. None of them helped. As for the last suggestion those names are failing in menu "Other macros" not on the page itself. I have two more clues. Activity stream renders gadget.common.error.500 in preview. I have checked application links compatibility and I have a doubt if Confluence 6.2.4 and Jira 7.3.8 do have compatible links.

Regards,

Mariusz

Mariusz,

I suggest that we create a support ticket for this so we can have a better look at your logs.

I've created a support ticket and shared what we've already tried. Someone will have a look at it soon and let you know what we suggest to try next.

Once the issue is resolved, please feel free to come back here and share the resolution with the rest of the community.

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Apr 13, 2018 in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

2,942 views 27 12
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you