I have come across issue with displaying macro, related to JIRA, titles in Confluence. They show __MSG_gadget.xxxxxxx instead normal name. It looks like issue with JIRA 7.X and gadgets. I have run SSLPoke from Confluence server to JIRA and connected successfully. Jira issues macro works normally.
Do you have any idea why those titles don't appear properly?
we don't have problem with gadgets in JIRA, but with macros in Confluence. Gadgets work properly. I have seen this article. Already added all certs to jira and confluence java's cacerts and to both keystores. Application links are working, there are no iptables rules on both servers.
Thank you for confirming you went through the troubleshooting steps on that article, Mariusz. It could have still been related.
Can you now try the following? This seems to have resolved the same issue with Jira Issues Macros for other users:
If that doesn't work, can you please load the page with the broken macros and let us know what error messages you see in the Confluence Server Logs?
I have completed all three tasks. None of them helped. As for the last suggestion those names are failing in menu "Other macros" not on the page itself. I have two more clues. Activity stream renders gadget.common.error.500 in preview. I have checked application links compatibility and I have a doubt if Confluence 6.2.4 and Jira 7.3.8 do have compatible links.
I suggest that we create a support ticket for this so we can have a better look at your logs.
I've created a support ticket and shared what we've already tried. Someone will have a look at it soon and let you know what we suggest to try next.
Once the issue is resolved, please feel free to come back here and share the resolution with the rest of the community.
I can see the last thing that we asked in Mariusz' support ticket was to try the following:
Go to > Add-ons
Select All Add-ons from the drop-down list
Search for gadget
Making sure all plugins and plugins submodules (if any) is enabled (except atlassian-gadgets-shared-x.x.x.jar)
Remove the existing gadget external URLs from Confluence.
Reapply the gadget external URLs to Confluence
Clear off the browser cache.
Mariusz - if you're still having an issue, would you be able to try that and let us know the results from that? We never heard back from you so I just want to make sure that you're not still having the issue.
Jörg, please feel free to try the same; we had looked through Mariusz' logs but nothing stood out, so this was the next step in troubleshooting.
Thank you for your help!
Alright, no worries, Mariusz! If you find yourself in this situation again, please go ahead and contact us via Support or on this thread and we can jump in where we left off.
Jörg, you can let us know the results of that test as well as any error messages you find in your logs when triggering the error in your browser, and we can take over from here.
To confirm, the original issue was that your Jira gadgets in Confluence were showing this error, but now, the opposite is true, the Confluence gadgets in Jira are showing the error?
I would say to make sure you try following the article Fix gadget titles showing as __MSG_gadget in Jira server, and if that doesn't work, you might need to raise a new question in the Jira collection, or with the Support Team, because we need to take a look at your logs. I want to make sure we keep this thread on the same topic as the original problem that Mariusz was experiencing.
It’s been great to hear from fellow users over the last few weeks about the best tips and fun moments you’ve had working on Confluence since the transition to working remote. I’d love to keep the c...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events