JIRA related macros show __MSG_gadget.xxxxxxx

Mariusz Piotrowski January 11, 2018

Hi Team!

I have come across issue with displaying macro, related to JIRA, titles in Confluence. They show __MSG_gadget.xxxxxxx instead normal name. It looks like issue with JIRA 7.X and gadgets. I have run SSLPoke from Confluence server to JIRA and connected successfully. Jira issues macro works normally.

Do you have any idea why those titles don't appear properly?

Regards,

Mariusz

2 answers

0 votes
Maina_ Bennett October 29, 2020

For folks who may have tried everything above and still have an issue in Confluence, this may be the answer: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFSERVER-58080

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 11, 2018

Hi Mariusz,

Have you seen and tested this resolution yet? Perhaps it will help?

Let us know if you have or if you have any questions. 

Regards,

Shannon

Mariusz Piotrowski January 11, 2018

Hi,

we don't have problem with gadgets in JIRA, but with macros in Confluence. Gadgets work properly. I have seen this article. Already added all certs to jira and confluence java's cacerts and to both keystores. Application links are working, there are no iptables rules on both servers.

Regards,

Mariusz

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 12, 2018

Thank you for confirming you went through the troubleshooting steps on that article, Mariusz. It could have still been related.

Can you now try the following? This seems to have resolved the same issue with Jira Issues Macros for other users:

If that doesn't work, can you please load the page with the broken macros and let us know what error messages you see in the Confluence Server Logs?

Regards,

Shannon

Mariusz Piotrowski January 17, 2018

Hi,

I have completed all three tasks. None of them helped. As for the last suggestion those names are failing in menu "Other macros" not on the page itself. I have two more clues. Activity stream renders gadget.common.error.500 in preview. I have checked application links compatibility and I have a doubt if Confluence 6.2.4 and Jira 7.3.8 do have compatible links.

Regards,

Mariusz

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
January 17, 2018

Mariusz,

I suggest that we create a support ticket for this so we can have a better look at your logs.

I've created a support ticket and shared what we've already tried. Someone will have a look at it soon and let you know what we suggest to try next.

Once the issue is resolved, please feel free to come back here and share the resolution with the rest of the community.

Regards,

Shannon

Jörg T_ September 24, 2019

Hi,

any solution found? I am having the same problem...

Best regards,

Jörg

Mariusz Piotrowski September 24, 2019

Hi,

I don't remember if I managed to fix that. I have checked support ticket from Atlassian, but it doesn't have a resolution.

Mariusz

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
September 25, 2019

Hello @Jörg T_@Mariusz Piotrowski,

I can see the last thing that we asked in Mariusz' support ticket was to try the following:

1. Go to  > Add-ons
  2. Select All Add-ons from the drop-down list
  3. Search for gadget
  4. Making sure all plugins and plugins submodules (if any) is enabled (except atlassian-gadgets-shared-x.x.x.jar)
  5. Remove the existing gadget external URLs from Confluence.
  6. Reapply the gadget external URLs to Confluence
  7. Clear off the browser cache.
  8. Restart Confluence.

Mariusz - if you're still having an issue, would you be able to try that and let us know the results from that? We never heard back from you so I just want to make sure that you're not still having the issue.

Jörg, please feel free to try the same; we had looked through Mariusz' logs but nothing stood out, so this was the next step in troubleshooting.

Thank you for your help!

Regards,

Shannon

Mariusz Piotrowski September 25, 2019

After one year I don't even remember which customer JIRA was that, so I don't know if I made above steps or not.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
September 25, 2019

Alright, no worries, Mariusz! If you find yourself in this situation again, please go ahead and contact us via Support or on this thread and we can jump in where we left off.

Jörg, you can let us know the results of that test as well as any error messages you find in your logs when triggering the error in your browser, and we can take over from here.

Regards,

Shannon

Jörg T_ September 25, 2019

@Shannon S 

OK, now the Gadgets of JIRA display well...

Only the external Gadgets that point to Confluence itself show the described behaviour.

Any idea how to solve that? Can it have something to do with my iptables?

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
September 25, 2019

Jörg,

To confirm, the original issue was that your Jira gadgets in Confluence were showing this error, but now, the opposite is true, the Confluence gadgets in Jira are showing the error?

I would say to make sure you try following the article Fix gadget titles showing as __MSG_gadget in Jira server, and if that doesn't work, you might need to raise a new question in the Jira collection, or with the Support Team, because we need to take a look at your logs. I want to make sure we keep this thread on the same topic as the original problem that Mariusz was experiencing.

Regards,

Shannon

Jörg T_ September 26, 2019

@Shannon S 

You are right: the JIRA Gadgets were fixed after I corrected the base URL in External Gadgets (I missed that after changing the base URL of JIRA).

For the confluence gadgets: it was fixed after restart of Confluence.

So everything works now. Thanks a lot!

Like Shannon S likes this
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
September 27, 2019

Jörg,

Happy to hear the article resolved your issue! And thank you for giving that feedback to us. 🙂

Take care, and have a pleasant weekend.

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events