Issues creating blog posts

Mark Miretsky August 10, 2018

I have 2 issues creating new blog posts:

We have a few blog posts that were created a few years ago in one Confluence space, and that space has a "Blog" shortcut at the top of the side bar (with a "quote" symbol next to it), which takes you straight to all the blogs for that space. I just created a new blog post in a different space, but for some reason there is no "Blog" shortcut in that space, so there is no way to get to my blog post other than by going to "Recently updated articles". How can I create a "Blog" shortcut in the side bar?

The old blog posts take up the entire width of the page. The new blog post is very narrow and centered on the page. How can I make it take up the entire width of the page?

1 answer

0 votes
Suren Raj
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 14, 2018

Hi, Mark.

We suspect the blog shortcut is not visible because someone hides it. Please refer to Configure the sidebar links section on the below documentation to make it visible again:

I'm afraid we can't revert back to the old blog editor. We are committed to improving our new editor and we will be constantly shipping additional improvements.

Despite those changes, we feel it offers value to our customers. For example:

• A more readable line length to help you get your message across
  • Emoji, including custom emoji
  • Image alignment which let's wrap text around images
  • Easier table row/column insertion
  • Pasting markdown on paste
  • Easier to find code block
  • A single panel instead of separate macros

Kind Regard
Suren Raj

Suggest an answer

TAGS