Issue with Plugin installation.

Sozhavendhan M March 4, 2013

The option to upload new plugin (user plugin) is missing.

Instead when I click on Plugin license manager, an error throws up on the Footnote plugin These plugins have been licensed by another product.

Also please tell me where the Uploaded plugin resides in the Confluence Directory.

Everything was working fine earlier. We are facing these strange issues now.

Regards,

Soz

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
RianA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 10, 2013

Hi,

To install plugins should not be inside the Pllugins Licensing Manager, as it is additional manager that is created by Adaptavist. I am not sure what version of Confluence that you are currently running. If you run on Confluence 3.4 or above, make sure Universal Plugin Manager is enabled, and you can check it from the following address

http://<confluence-adress>/admin/viewplugins.action

If the manager is disabled, make sure you enabled them, and you should be able to see the plugin again.

As for the plugin file, it will be uploaded to PLUGINDATA table instead of Confluenc directory.

Hope this information helps.

RianA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 10, 2013

Most welcome! :) Glad to hear that

Sozhavendhan M March 10, 2013

Thanks Rian the issue is resolved.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 4, 2013

Plugins live in the confluence home directory.

It sounds like someone has used the same licence you have to install plugins on another machine, or you've got more than one plugin manager running - you might want to check the account and plugins pages to see if that has happened.

Sozhavendhan M March 4, 2013

Yes Nic, you are right about this.

We have two environment, one for Prod and another for Development.

Everything was working fine. But after we uploaded a plugin to Dev we got this issue on both prod and dev.

Please find the below screen shot: let me know if the issue is only with Footnote plugin?

How do I uninstall my plugin, as I cant the Plugin Adminstration Page in Administration console.

Sozhavendhan M March 10, 2013

Please suggest the method to Check the Plugin which cause the problem

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events