Is there going to be a linux version of the Atlassian Companion app?

Katrin Kühn August 16, 2018

Hi!

We have users accessing Confluence via windows and linux ([K]ubuntu) clients. Both would benefit from using the Atlassian Companion app. As far as I can see, there are only windows and mac versions. Are there any plans for a linux version?

That would make our work a lot easier. Thanks.

Best Regads,

Katrin

8 answers

13 votes
Julio Nunez September 11, 2018

I hate that Linux is always treated like a 3rd world citizen, even that by fact 99% of Atlassian software runs on it and all my pro developers in my corp uses Linux as their main OS.

4 votes
schorschii December 12, 2019

Hi @Katrin Kühn,

I wrote this Python script which provides the Companion functionality under Linux.

https://github.com/schorschii/companion-linux

Maybe you would like to test it. I appreciate feedback and contributions.

Arlyn Nisly May 8, 2020

YES!! Thanks very much. This saved my day. It works on Linux Mint 19.3, with Confluence Server  v. 7.3.1.

4 votes
Perry Hargrave March 4, 2019

Need a Linux client here too. I don't think it used to require this companion app.

Now we're kind of hosed for all linux developers.

2 votes
norm todd November 10, 2019

it is insane that atlassian has not made this avail yet.

0 votes
A Nisly October 7, 2020

GoEdit solves this problem elegantly. It does everything I was looking for in Companion. Now if they'd only have it available for XWiki....

0 votes
Srikanth Dharmasastha Abbaraju October 6, 2020

+1

0 votes
Tony_Stagakes May 7, 2020

There is a significant portion of the user base that is being ignored because the Atlassian Companion app has not been developed and released for GNU/Linux. As a UNIX and Linux System Administrator who needs this functionality to effectively support and maintain my systems, I am deeply disappointed by this continuing failure.

0 votes
Chris Del Guercio March 28, 2019

+1

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events