Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there an easy way to create table a table with hundreds of rows?

Hazel MM August 24, 2022

I'm trying to create a table with 100+ entries in Confluence. Is there an easy way to do this? 

3 answers

3 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Katerina Kovriga _Stiltsoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 25, 2022

Hi @Hazel MM ,

Some 3rd party apps will be able to help you indeed, but you need to clarify the use case.

For example, I can suggest trying our add-on that is Table Filter and Charts for Confluence.

If you need Excel functionality, you may embed its Table Spreadsheet macro. You may also import existing xlsx and csv files to your spreadsheet not to start from the scratch.

If you have a precreated csv/json file and you need to show its contents in Confluence, you may use the Table from CSV/Table from JSON macros.

Further you'll be able to filter, calculate, aggregate and visualize your data.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Shardul Juyal_Addteq_ August 25, 2022

There are a couple of ways without any add-ons

Option 1: Create a 2*2 table and press tab for a few seconds. (Number columns can easily help identify which row is 100, and you can delete the rest)

Option 2: Copy 100 blank rows/columns from Excel/Google Sheets, and paste them in the page

0 votes
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 24, 2022

@Hazel MM Welcome to the Atlassian community

If I have repeating values or something I can duplicate through an Excel funtion I will create the table in excel and copy it into Confluence.  Otherwise it is a manual process just like any other application.  There are some apps in the marketplace that enhance and improve table functionality.  I have not used any of them but you could also take a look there https://marketplace.atlassian.com/search?hosting=cloud&product=confluence&query=table 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events