Is there a way to list all pages that have viewing restricted to a specific group?

epohl
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 12, 2012

I'm considering deleting the group Documentation.

However, there may be pages that currently have viewing restricted to that group. If I just delete the group, those pages will be viewable by all Confluence users.

Is there a way for me to get a list of all pages that are restricted to the group Documentation, so that I can edit the restrictions before I delete the group?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Sean King
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 13, 2013

You can do it on a space by space level by going to Space Admin > Restricted Pages. That will show you an index of all the pages with restrictions and what they are.

1 vote
Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 12, 2012

Hey,

you should check that post. Andrew posted some nice techniques to use a user macro. Hope it helps!

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/50804/group-permissions-in-confluence?page=1

Cheers Christian

epohl
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 12, 2012

Well, this would help me list Spaces that have permmissions assigned to my group, but not the Pages.

If I try to delete a group that is used for Space permissions, Confluence will warn me and tell me which spaces use that group for permissions.

That's not true for the individual pages that are restricted to a group. So I need to list Page restrictions by group, not Space permissions.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events